Happy New Year! Can you believe its 2019? Kick off your year right by spending it in Key West. January is the middle of winter, but the weather is nearly perfect this time of year on the island. Sunny skies. Clear water. Beautiful beaches. Little humidity. Refreshing breezes. We think that sounds like paradise.
With the winter season being a popular time of year for people to head to Florida, there’s a lot of events and happenings going on in Key West. If you’re looking for an escape from the cold winter weather or a nice week or weekend getaway, look no further. Key West is both fun and relaxing.
Whether you want to lay on the beach all day, do sightseeing, bar hop, shop, see a show, or taste some fine cuisine, Key West has it all.
If you have a boat or enjoy boating, clearly, Key West is the ideal spot to partake in this activity.
Florida Marina Clubs’ Key West Harbour marina location has wet and dry slips and offers boat rentals. Our beautiful marina also has a restaurant, private beach, and luxurious suites for you to stay in during your trip to Key West! .
For the month of January, our team at Key West Harbour wanted to share with you some fun things to do in Key West.
· Islands, Imagination and Instance: Florida Keys Folk Art Exhibit, Through January 6, http://www.kwahs.org/
· Waterfront Playhouse presents: Peter and the Star Catcher, Through January 6. 8 p.m. showtimes. https://www.waterfrontplayhouse.org/shows/peter-and-the-starcatcher/
· Pole Vault in Paradise presents: Pole Vaulting Champions, January 5. 9 a.m. Free. Truman Waterfront Park. https://kwtfc.org/pole-vault-in-paradise/
· 37th Annual Key West Literary Seminar, January 10-13. 888-293-9291. http://www.kwls.org/seminar/
· Key West Artisan Market, January 13-27. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Higgs Beach. https://www.facebook.com/KeyWestArtisanMarket/
· 59th Annual Key West Home Tours, Jan 18-19. Tickets range from $35-45. 305-294-9501. http://oirf.org/page.php?p=tours
· 14TH Annual Florida Keys Seafood Festival. Jan 19-20. 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. $5 admission. Bayview Park. http://www.floridakeysseafoodfestival.com/
· Key West Food & Wine Festival, January 23-27. 800-474-4319. http://www.kwfoodwinefest.com/
· Second Annual Mile 0 Fest Key West, January 29-February 2. https://www.mile0fest.com/
Art, music, tours, oh my! There’s so much to do in Key West in January – this list is just the tip of the ice berg. We promise if you come down here in January, you will have a great time.
While vacationing in Key West, you’ll want somewhere to spend the night. Key West Harbour has luxurious, private suites. The marina is located off the shoreline of the Atlantic Ocean and the waters of Boca Chica Inlet. We have great dining options and amenities! Come down, explore our marina, and stay in Key West this January!
To learn more about Florida Marina Club’s boat storage, dining options, accommodations, and other amenities, click the Key West Harbour page or call 305-292-3121.