December is a magical time of year. Like the song says, “It’s the most wonderful time of the year.” So many people are in the holiday spirit – love is already in the air! Now if you love the holidays but not the cold, Key West is a great spot to get married. You can bring all the magic of December to Key West without the cold and snow!
Our wedding team at Key West Harbour would love to work with you on your special day at our marina. We will work with you to make your December/winter/holiday-themed wedding everything you’ve imagined.
We have both beautiful indoor and outdoor spaces that accommodate smaller and larger wedding parties.
Why get married in December?
· Although Key West is warmer than the north in December, this month is more tolerable temperature wise than other months in Florida. Less humidity too!
· A lot of people don’t want to be married close to the holidays, so it will be easier for you to book a wedding date.
· Lots of options for décor. From ribbons and ornaments to wreaths and lights, you have so many ideas to choose from.
· You can get deals from vendors or bonus services, because December isn’t a popular a month for weddings like the months of May or June.
· Vendors are less stressed and can focus on you more, because they don’t have many other weddings or engagements to worry about in December.
Our wedding team wanted to share with you some great December wedding ideas down here in Key West.
· Serve up hot toddies and hot chocolates for drinks. Even in Florida, the nights can get chilly and these nostalgic drinks will be very cozy for your guests.
· Hang wreaths, pinecones, evergreens, mistletoe, and holly around the venue.
· Sprinkle fake snow on the tables.
· Hang snowflakes from the ceiling.
· Decorate a few Christmas trees in the reception space.
· Use poinsettias as one of your main flowers throughout the ceremony and reception.
· Place cinnamon sticks and fir with the table setting.
· Wear capes and fur shawls at night to cover up when it gets chilly.
· Use lots of reds, golds, silvers, white, black, and deep greens for your colors.
· Have your desserts be festive: pecan pie, pumpkin pie, sugar cookies, candy canes, ribbon candy, chocolate Santa’s, and more!
· Decorate your cake with winter berries on top.
· Use a sleigh with presents inside as a nice decoration piece.
· Use ornaments or little stockings for table cards.
Ideas for a December wedding are endless! December is a wonderful time to tie the knot, especially in a gorgeous location like Key West. Our team at Key West Harbour would love to work with you to put your special day in December together.
Key West Harbour has wedding venue spaces that can seat up to 150 guests. These areas can also be combined if you have a larger guest list. Key West Harbour has private, luxurious suites with great views for your guests to stay the night.
Although Key West is a tropical island, we will work with you to make it look like a winter wonderland or any theme you’re interested in.
This marina is a beautiful location for a December wedding. Lots of great photo ops! Click our Key West Wedding page to view more information about a wedding at Florida Marina Club’s Key West Harbour, or call 305-292-3121.