Thanksgiving has come and gone, and we are now in the holiday season! Florida’s population has significantly increased due to all the snowbirds’ arrivals to get out of the north’s cold. No cold or snow here! Just sunshine and sand! Beautiful weather during December in Key West. In fact, December has some of the best weather for Florida: warm temperatures, less humidity, and less rain!
Looking for a place to celebrate the holidays? Or a warm getaway? Key West is the place to be. Whether you want to relax, shop, sight-see, or bathe in the sun, Key West has endless things for you to do.
Key West is also a great destination for people of all ages and from all walks of life.
Being an island, Key West is the ideal spot to explore or visit by boat. If you have a boat or want to boat, do it in Key West.Florida Marina Clubs’ Key West Harbour marina location has wet and dry slips and offers boat rentals at our beautiful, clean, state-of-the-art marina. Key West Harbour has got it all. From dining and yoga classes to a private beach and luxurious suites, you don’t ever have to leave the marina!
But if you do venture out on the town, our marina is nearby downtown Key West and other Key West sights and attractions.
For the month of December, our team at Key West Harbour wanted to share with you some fun things to do in Key West.
· Key West Triathlon and Expo, December 1, http://www.trikw.com/
· Key West Lighted Bike Ride, December 5. This ride helps gather toys for struggling families in Key West during the holidays. http://www.wesleyhouse.org/ Contact: Claire Hiller at 305-809-5000.
· Rams Head Productions presents: Paula Poundstone, December 7, 8 p.m., Key West Theater, 512 Eaton St., https://www.thekeywesttheater.com/event/1683991-paula-poundstone-key-west/
· Nutcracker Key West, December 8 to 16, Tennessee Williams Theatre, Box office: 305-295-7676. http://www.nutcrackerkeywest.com/
· Christmas on the Sheriff's Animal Farm, December 9. Visit with animals and get a photo taken with Santa. The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Animal Farm, 5501 College Road. Free. 1 to 3 p.m.
· Waterfront Playhouse presents: Peter and the Star Catcher, December 13-January 6. 8 p.m. showtimes. https://www.waterfrontplayhouse.org/shows/peter-and-the-starcatcher/
· 28th Annual Schooner Wharf Bar Annual Lighted Boat Parade, December 15. 6 p.m. Key West’s Historic Seaport. http://www.schoonerwharf.com/special.htm#current
· Fifth Annual Parade of Paws and Shopping Bazaar, December 15, Higgs Beach at Higgs Dog Park. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., http://fkspca.org/calendar-of-events/, 305-294-4857.
· Fringe Theater presents: Terri White’s Blue Evening. December 27-31. Broadway star Terri White shares her journey to Broadway through songs and stores. Little Room Jazz Club, 821 Duval St. 7 p.m. http://www.fringetheater.org/
· 59th Annual Key West House & Garden Tours, December 28-29. Key West homes and gardens are festively decorated. 3 to 7 p.m. Tickets cost $30 in advance and $35 day of tour. http://oirf.org/page.php?p=tours
· New Year's Eve: Conch Shell Drop at Sloppy Joe's, December 31, Sloppy Joe’s Bar, 201 Duval. 10 p.m. http://www.sloppyjoes.com/
· New Year's Eve: Pirate Wench Drop at Schooner Wharf, December 31, Schooner Wharf Bar, 202 William St. http://www.schoonerwharf.com/special.htm#current
· New Year's Eve Shoe Drop Celebration, December 31. Bourbon Street/New Orleans House complex, 724 Duval St. http://www.bourbonstpub.com/
So many festive events happening in Key West this holiday season! Whether you want to watch the classic Nutcracker or explore beautiful homes, you will find something fun to do in Key West!
While vacationing in Key West, you’ll want somewhere to spend the night. Key West Harbour has luxurious, private suites in its marina, which is located off the shoreline of the Atlantic Ocean and the waters of Boca Chica Inlet. The marina is 10 minutes from downtown Key West, and it has great dining options. Come down and explore and stay in Key West this December!
To learn more about Florida Marina Club’s boat storage, dining options, accommodations, and other amenities, click the Key West Marina page or call 305-292-3121.